Sunday 20 September 2009

Hanging with the Brady Brunch

Every afternoon at the xorio all the old people (read parents) have a nap and the kids hang around. One day the xorio kids asked me if I wanted to go for a walk with them. A "walk", ooh count me in! So I skipped along the road sure we were gonna get up to no good, no parental supervision and a 5km walk into the mountain, not a soul nearby to see what we were up to, I was about to have the most fun I'd had in ages! We walked 5km off the road, into the forest, and finally stopped at a hole full of water (dont know what its actually called, I'm not much of an outdoorsy person). I eagerly awaited the alcohol and weed to be pulled out of a secret hiding place and for underage snogging to begin..any minute now...we stood around the hole, staring at it, some boys threw stones in it, then we left. We walked all this way and no one is getting drunk or stoned???? Bring a couple of South African teenagers here and they will turn the mountain upside down! Seriously felt like I was in the twilight zone

No comments:

Post a Comment