Sunday 3 October 2010

The Bastard of Istanbul


This book is an absolute must read for anyone who has been to Istanbul. Elif Shafak's style of writing is amazing, her words paint pictures in your mind and will make you feel as though you are actually witnessing the story unfold in real life. I wish I could write like her.

Elif Shafak is an award-winning novelist and the most widely read woman writer in Turkey.
Have a look at her website, http://www.elifsafak.us/en/default.asp.

I found this book at the Exclusive Books sale, I saw the word Istanbul and headed straight to the till, I didn't care what the story was about or if it turned out to be the worst book I had ever read, I simply needed to satisfy the Istanbul longing in any form possible. I was delightly surprised, I couldn't put the book down...it's is my new favourite!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment